Finquest is the premier platform delivering personalized connections to its clients who seek M&A and direct investment opportunities in the Asia Pacific, European and North American mid-market space. With a unique database, machine learning and a team of experts, Finquest provides targeted, curated, and actionable connections, whilst maintaining complete confidentiality throughout the process. With Finquest, clients can broaden their market access, creating a more efficient deal making environment.
To strengthen our R&D team, we are looking for a Data Scientist with background in NLP and information retrieval. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-growing team and have a great impact on our products and services that strongly benefit our clients.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale information extraction and retrieval, data analysis, machine learning model design and validation.
· Work closely with data and engineering teams to analyze data from various data sources, and to extract valuable information from these sources.
· Leverage state-of-the-art machine learning research to build innovative products from existing data and offer added value to our clients.
· Conduct applied research in cooperate data and contribute to IPR tasks.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science with minimum 3 years of experience as a Data Scientist, or PhD degree in Machine Learning/Data Mining.
· Strong background in information retrieval, especially in NLP, knowledge graphs, graph/network mining, and/or recommender systems.
· Experience in financial/economic databases, cooperate research or FinTech.
· Strong programming skills in Python and strong hands-on prototyping skills.
· Comfortable to follow latest research articles and to implement and improve state-of-the-art approaches.
· Fluency in English.
Would be a plus:
· Understanding of deep learning algorithms and hands on experience with pertinent libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, Keras, NetworkX, …).
· Publications or open-source projects in Machine Learning related topics.
· Proven track record for writing high quality production-level code.
· Experience in large scale machine learning tasks.
· Expertise in optimization algorithms.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent