We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our company as Risk and Internal Controls Officer. This role is based in our Luxembourg Office.
A Risk and Internal Controls Officer identifies, measures, manages and reports risks. As an expert in Risk Management, the Risk and Internal Controls Officer helps develop processes to better evaluate business-specific risk, monitors important as well as critical risk issues and conducts risk assessments.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. A familiarity and genuine interest in crypto currency and blockchain technology is a big plus.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Developing and enhancing bitFlyer risk management system, maintaining a focus on significant risks and related control mechanisms and developing policies and procedures for:
- Risk identification, risk matrix,
- Risk appetite,
- Risk management policy,
- Risk monitoring,
- Risk assessment,
- Risk reporting, including Key Risk Indicators.
- Covering the complete risk universe including, without limitation:
- Credit risk, ICT risk, Operational Risk, Reputational risk, Liquidity risk, Market risk, FX risk etc,
- Outsourcing oversight, including methodology development and implementation,
- Reviewing, documenting and evaluating the internal controls operating in bitFlyer;
- Providing support for automated controls and other business solutions to financial management business needs that incorporate existing and potential new business processes;
- Monitoring the regulatory control environment, identifying and implementing improvements and providing advice to executive structures to ensure a common application and understanding of the rules and procedures;
- Proactively identify shortcomings in the bitFlyer risk and internal control framework, policies and procedures and update them to align with regulatory expectations and industry standards
- Reporting to Management and Boards of Directors,
- Work closely with global Risk team to ensure consistency of approach across regions,
- Performing other related duties as assigned as the above tasks may also be extended to other entities within the bitFlyer Group as required;
- Participate in internal and global projects, to ensure good coordination of processes and work across the whole bitFlyer group.