Who we are
You just found your job destination! At Thales Alenia Space, we believe in space as a new horizon to build a more sustainable Life on Earth. Space-based solutions contribute to connecting people, bridging the digital divide, navigating efficiently and monitoring our planet. If you are willing to work on stunning space programs for a leading satellite manufacturer, Thales Alenia Space, just don’t hesitate and apply on-line now!
We have numerous positions available in Thales Alenia Space’s Digital Competence Centre in Luxembourg. Based in Belval (Esch), Thales Alenia Space in Luxembourg develops state-of-the-art digital solutions, using big data, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity technologies to address complex end-to-end space systems’ challenges.
We are currently looking for a
What we can do together
By joining us, you will be part of a team of creative people designing and developing key digital features of space systems and experimenting innovative solutions for ground segments.
Our development environment is cloud native and Software as a Service oriented. We work in an agile way, with an entrepreneur’s mindset, and foster excellence in user experience.
As DevOps Engineer, your first project will be related to software components embedded in the Satellite Ground Segment for controlling next generation satellites in orbi. Your team will provide a data stack, an API gateway, and some user interfaces to plan and control the usage of the satellite resources. You will be the technical actor for the delivery of automation components, while contributing to their development. These components are designed to be included in the solution as common assets. The success of the project will rely on the capacity of the team to collaborate with other teams, to gather information from all specialties (System Engineering, Data, UI/UX, etc…). From legacy assets, you will co-design and implement all the functions required to plan satellite resources allocation.
Your main missions will be:
· Within a growing development team, contribute to the realization and the packaging of Ground Segment components that control satellites in orbit
· In collaboration with the Tech Lead, analyze nonfunctional requirements, and automate steps up to obtaining seamless delivery pipelines, ensuring non-regression, performance, robustness, and reliability
· Take full ownership of the implementation of this solution, up to its deployment on QA environment
· Support the team in charge of the solution integration on test bench and in-situ
· Stay up to date with innovative technologies, practices, and tools
· Upskill the members of your team by sharing solutions and best practices, and stay up to date with project progress
· Contribute to our growth, our learning organization culture, and our continuous improvement.
The main requirements for this position are:
· University Degree in Computer Science or any related field, or equivalent knowledge in the field
· At least 3 years’ work experience in development and maintenance of applications and systems.
· Deep understanding of software development, from software architecture to clean code and craftmanship
· Previous experience in working in Agile Software Development Projects
· Strong experience in Java / Spring boot development in a microservices infrastructure
· Experience in scripting languanges like Bash / Python or any other equivalent
· Experience in software devopment or system integration using APIs and tools or specifications like OpenAPI, Swagger
· Experience in using or integrating test frameworks like Junit, Cucumber or any other equivalent
· Development skills with attention to acute design, detailed implementation and commited delivery deadlines in a high-paced environment
· Display team spirit and collaboration mindset, ease in integration into a multi-cultural co-creative environment
· Highly proficient in English, any other language will be considered an advantage.
The following skills are considered an advantage:
· Experience in using Infrastructure-as-Code tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or any other equivalent
· Experience in using or integrating Monitoring and Logging tools like ELK, Graphana, Prometheus, Dynatrace or any other equivalent
· Experience in Azure Cloud Provider
What we offer
Together, we will take a role in setting up a new company driven by an entrepreneurial mindset. We will experience new ways of working and create innovative digital technologies for Space.
You will become a member of the dynamic Luxembourg space and digital Eco-System, and work for an inspiring group of 80.000 people present in 68 countries.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, in line with your qualifications and experience.
We look forward to talking together about your next career move.
Innovation, passion, ambition: join Thales now and create tomorrow’s world with us.