Who we are
You just found your job destination! At Thales Alenia Space, we believe in space as a new horizon to build a more sustainable Life on Earth. Space-based solutions contribute to connecting people, bridging the digital divide, navigating efficiently and monitoring our planet. If you are willing to work on stunning space programs for a leading satellite manufacturer, Thales Alenia Space, just don’t hesitate and apply on-line now!
We have numerous positions available in Thales Alenia Space’s Digital Competence Centre in Luxembourg. Based in Belval, Thales Alenia Space in Luxembourg develops state-of-the-art digital space solutions, using big data, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity technologies to address complex end-to-end systems’ challenges.
We are currently looking for a
Software Integration Lead
What we can do together
As Software Integration Lead for cross-domain software projects involving Earth Observation and digital modelling, you will be the technical lead of a team of experts designing and implementing scalable, data-centric architectures. You will be a key member of an Agile development squad working with diverse datasets – from satellite imagery to in situ sensors – high performance computing, and real-world use cases.
Your responsibilities will include:
· The design and integration of distributed/cloud software systems
· Collaborating with different technical and business stakeholders (internal and external) to identify and define the best system solutions
· Instantiating and integrating Big Data tools to ingest, wrangle, and deliver data at scale
· Ensuring conformity between system implementation and requirements, up to the delivery of an operational solution
· Maintaining a commitment to best practices in cybersecurity, cloud data management, maintainability, and overall craftsmanship
· Playing an important transversal role in our team, sharing your expertise and part of your time across projects
· Providing technical and personal leadership in mentoring junior engineers
· Continually learning and sharing best practices across teams to benefit the entire organization
We are looking for a lead engineer, or someone ready to take the next step, with significant experience working on Big Data software systems. Specifically, you should have:
· At least 5 years of hands-on experience with distributed software systems or big data engineering
· An Engineering or advanced degree in a technical field
· Experience with Azure or another Cloud platform
· Experience with system deployment, configuration, monitoring and administration
· Programming skills, preferably in Python or Java
· A practical and theoretical foundation working with different architecture patterns, with experience integrating software components like data pipelines, databases / data lakes
· A DevOps mindset to implement CI/CD, software testing, and resource monitoring
· Strong communication skills, including verbal and written proficiency in English
Additional skills and experience in any of the following topics would be highly valued:
· Big data frameworks such as Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, or Hadoop
· Earth Observation, including experience working with DIASs like WEkEO or with raster and vector EO imagery
· Machine Learning / AI (infrastructure and/or algorithms) and High-Performance Computing (HPC)
· Expertise in cybersecurity
We are looking for skilled and ambitious people as we continue to build up our team and create a positive, diverse, and collaborative work environment. If this role sounds interesting to you, don’t hesitate to reach out to us and learn more!
What we offer
Together, we will take a role in setting up a new company driven by an entrepreneurial mindset.
We will experience new ways of working and create innovative digital technologies for Space.
You will become a member of the dynamic Luxembourg space and digital Eco-System, and work for an inspiring group of 80.000 people present in 68 countries.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, in line with your qualifications and experience.
We look forward to talking together about your next career move.
Innovation, passion, ambition: join Thales now and create tomorrow’s world with us.