Who we are
You just found your job destination! At Thales Alenia Space, we believe in space as a new horizon to build a more sustainable Life on Earth. Space-based solutions contribute to connecting people, bridging the digital divide, navigating efficiently and monitoring our planet. If you are willing to work on stunning space programs for a leading satellite manufacturer, Thales Alenia Space, just don’t hesitate and apply on-line now!
We have numerous positions available in Thales Alenia Space’s Digital Competence Centre in Luxembourg. Based in Belval, Thales Alenia Space in Luxembourg develops state-of-the-art digital space solutions, using big data, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity technologies to address complex end-to-end systems’ challenges.
We are currently looking for a
What we can do together
As a Frontend Developer for a challenging and high-impact software project in the Earth Observation domain, you will be responsible for making our product jump off the screen!
You will be a key member of our agile development squad, working closely with UX designers and other developers. Together we will deliver useful, usable, and desirable software based on modern technologies for web applications, satellite imagery, immersive viewing, and more.
Your responsibilities will also include:
· Applying expertise and best practices for building web applications
· Working with the UX team and end-users to collect feedback and improve our product
· Implementing creative and intuitive features while delivering on quality and on time
· Continually learning and helping to grow the skills and positive spirit of the team
We are looking for a candidate with some previous professional development experience. Ideally you will have:
· At least 2 years of full-time development experience, especially building GUI-centric web applications
· Proven skills with a UI framework such as Angular or React
· Experience with or willingness to learn DevOps best practices related to CI/CD, containerization and orchestration, code quality and testing, documentation
· Professional verbal and written proficiency in English
Experience with any of the following technologies would be considered a strong asset:
· OGC Standards (e.g. WMS, WMTS, WFS), web-mapping libraries, or other GIS tools
· Gaming engines (e.g. Unreal or Unity), virtual reality, or 3D graphics
· Python, Java, or another programming language
We are looking for skilled and ambitious people as we build up our team to create a positive, diverse, and collaborative working environment. If this role sounds interesting to you, don’t hesitate to reach out to us and learn more!
What we offer
Together, we will take a role in setting up a new company driven by an entrepreneurial mindset. We will experience new ways of working and create innovative digital technologies for Space.
You will become a member of the dynamic Luxembourg space and digital Eco-System, and work for an inspiring group of 80.000 people present in 68 countries.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, in line with your qualifications and experience.
We look forward to talking together about your next career move.
Innovation, passion, ambition: join Thales now and create tomorrow’s world with us.