Who we are
You just found your job destination! At Thales Alenia Space, we believe in space as a new horizon to build a more sustainable Life on Earth. Space-based solutions contribute to connecting people, bridging the digital divide, navigating efficiently and monitoring our planet. If you are willing to work on stunning space programs for a leading satellite manufacturer, Thales Alenia Space, just don’t hesitate and apply on-line now!
We have numerous positions available in Thales Alenia Space’s Digital Competence Centre in Luxembourg. Based in Belval (Esch-sur-Alzette), Thales Alenia Space in Luxembourg develops state-of-the-art digital space solutions, using big data, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity technologies to address complex end-to-end systems’ challenges, while fostering UI/UX excellence.
We are currently looking for a
Head of Engineering
What we can do together
As Head of Engineering, you will be the technical leader of Thales Alenia Space Luxembourg, and a key actor in its development. Our ambition is to design and develop key digital features of space systems and experiment with innovative solutions for ground segments in a cloud native and Software-as-a-Service oriented environment.
More specifically, your main missions will be to:
· Shape a compelling technical vision based on your digital background.
· Be the technical reference of Thales Alenia Space Luxembourg towards both external and internal stakeholders.
· Manage, organize and develop our Engineering team. By defining the required skills you will attract new talents and grow our people.
· Take ownership of product execution and delivery (quality, attractiveness, cost, lead time). You will provide the appropriate answer to technical and product delivery challenges.
· Set-up and continuously improve an innovative and efficient engineering environment (processes and methodology, agile ways of working, engineering tools, development environment, quality standards), while taking into account the Group reference standards.
· Ensure that all our solutions and platforms comply with cybersecurity rules.
· Foster cooperation and share best practices with other internal development centers.
· Contribute to Thales Alenia Space local and worldwide business positioning by designing our commercial portfolio of digital solutions.
· Participate in bids by committing on the technical proposal, planning, costs and risks of solutions.
· Lead by example and foster a collaborative mindset to co-create on our path towards technical excellence. You will also encourage learning initiatives and facilitate the engineering discipline as a community of practice.
· Join the Thales Alenia Space Luxembourg Management Team.
In summary, we expect you to build the company with us, and to act as a key asset in establishing Thales Alenia Space Luxembourg as a digital reference center for space.
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience as Head of Engineering in a digital or tech company. You will also have:
· an Engineering/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, with 12+ years of professional experience
· a proven track record of developing state-of-the-art software solutions and successfully managing complex projects
· a thorough understanding of current technologies and their evolutions. You bring a solid knowledge of cloud-native solutions, digital platforms, data management, valorization, AI and/or cybersecurity
· strong communication skills to articulate a technical strategy and vision, challenging the status-quo
· the ability to set up and organize teams, continuously improve processes, and simultaneously manage several development squads working on different projects
· the drive, tenacity and confidence to address challenges in high paced environments. You naturally push towards high quality standards and performance outcomes.
· strong mentoring skills to help colleagues navigate in uncertainty. You are eager to engage them in an inclusive, multi-cultural and co-creative environment. You lead in a collaborative way and build positive relationships
· excellent negotiation and active listening skills, enabling you to tactfully engage with demanding customers
· strong verbal and written proficiency in English.
Fulfilling any of the following points would also be considered an asset:
· knowledge of digital operations or services.
· a previous experience in the space industry.
· a natural passion for innovations and business applications, with an accurate sense of product and market dynamics.
· a preference for new ways of working based on flat organization, team empowerment, lean processes, communities of practices. You are a convinced Agilist.
· an entrepreneurial mindset - any hands-on contribution in a start-up environment is a plus.
· French or any other language proficiency.
What we offer
Together, we will take a role in setting up a new company driven by an entrepreneurial mindset.
We will experience new ways of working and create innovative digital technologies for Space.
You will become a member of the dynamic Luxembourg space and digital Eco-System, and work for an inspiring group of 80.000 people present in 68 countries.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, in line with your qualifications and experience.
We look forward to talking together about your next career move.
Innovation, passion, ambition: join Thales now and create tomorrow’s world with us.