Do you want to join our rockstar team of innovators and make a REAL impact in the sustainability space?
We at Circu Li-Ion fight the climate crisis by maximising the lifecycle of each li-ion cell. Used batteries are a true resource – more than 80% of battery cells can be recovered when a battery is at the end of its first life, while at the same time significantly reducing CO2 pollution. This means less waste, saving CO2 and using our resources to their full potential.
We have designed a machine to extract and diagnose each li-ion cell in an automated manner from their battery packs and enable their re-usage. Our process sets new technological and ecological standards, closing the loop and fully enabling the circular economy in the battery industry.
Circu Li-ion is engineering the future of automated Li-ion battery pack disassembly. The CircuLi-ion team is composed of some of the most talented mechanical, mechatronics, robotics, and electrical engineers, all focused on transforming the future of Li-ion upcycling. Our automated battery disassembly systems, called BDS, were designed for high throughput and safe disassembly of battery packs to cell level.
The Circu Li-ion team is dedicated to building machines enabling all Li-ion cells to have a second life.
We are seeking a Head of Mechanical Engineering to drive functional excellence to support the design and development of automated battery disassembly systems.
As Head of Engineering, you will work side by side with the CTO to manage the engineering team as well as external partners. The ideal candidate has deep experience in the design of complex mechanical assemblies, demonstrated experience in designing products that get manufactured at scale and significant experience in project management.
- Expand a mechanical engineering team through motivating, hiring, appraising, coaching, training, and challenging the team members
- Own, prioritize, and coordinate mechanical engineering work across all projects
- Provide tasks and durations to project/program managers while being responsible for the execution of the mechanical engineering team
- Determine what resources/capabilities are required for program/project execution and hire/build the team
- Uses a strong understanding of engineering first principles to guide the technical execution of the team
- Owns the communication of functional level project performance/status
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in mechanical design with 3+ years of team management
- BSc in mechanical engineering
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an aggressive approach to meeting schedule commitments
- Experience growing and leading teams in a startup environment
- Significant experience with electro-mechanical assemblies of specialized machining operations, and robotic cells
- Experience with rapid prototyping methods to accelerate engineering development
- Extensive experience designing and managing the automation of reliable machine modules
- Experience with cost-conscious and lean manufacturing standards
- Demonstrated experience bringing a product from initial concept to volume manufacturing
- CAD design, preferably Autodesk Inventor
- Highly knowledgeable in GD&T
- REAL environmental impact at scale
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of highly committed and supportive peers
- Competitive salary & share package
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team.