11 Jul, 2022
Full time (permanent contract)
Programming / IT
A place to work
Fiveoffices isn’t just the place to rent your office — it’s also a place to work.
As a newly set up and fast-growing company, we are looking for a Full stack SOFTWARE ENGINEER rockstar like YOU to support our significant growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with global ambitions founded by serial entrepreneurs and with the aim to transform real estate into a radically more sustainable industry. We actively encourage innovation, teamwork and initiative-taking, where you will be able to shape your work and contribute to the overall success of your team and of the company in an open and supportive environment
We only select the best, so if you are motivated, highly skilled, resourceful and want to join a made in Luxembourg and soon-to-be global company, have a look at below:
As a Software Engineer you will lead backend related matters such as the availability and speed of our APIs/website ensuring the connectivity or the running of our infrastructure.
- You own and deliver guests & hosts facing features.
- You ensure the availability and speed of our backend.
- You build a responsive and modern web app with focus on marvelous UX.
- You participate in the mapping and development of our core architecture and logic.
- You are the the leader on backend projects, working from ideation to implementation and rollout.
- You work with other developers to maintain the integrity and reliability of the platform.
- You experiment and suggest new developments and techniques that can be added to our tech stack.
- You mentor and support other engineers in the team.
You will use following technology stack
- Frontend: React, Hotwire (Stimulus & Turbo) in Typescript
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
- A combination of open-source and internal technologies that suit the problems at hand
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Rubymine and Github, backed up by a Continuous Integration setup.
- You have 2 years (JUNIOR), 5+ years (SENIOR) experience with web application frameworks
- You are a problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- You are able to elaborate different approaches to problems and provide viable solutions
- You have an experience in SQL databases, and key/value stores as well as with server driven UI architectures, patterns, and API design
- You have an experience with scaling and maintaining high-traffic production systems in previous positions
- You have strong project scoping and project management skills
- You have the ability to mentor other engineers on the team.
If you are ready to get onboard for a new challenge and become part of an innovative project, then send us your CV and/or any file that could support your application.