Who are we looking for
A sharp, self-starter with financial modelling skills across a variety of asset types and masters the ability to convert complex financials into a clear story.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the commercial success of CrossLend across a range of tasks and skill sets, including but not limited to: data onboarding and transformation, investment analysis and structuring and product development. Here you will be working closely with the Sales and IT teams, as well as interact with all other departments at CrossLend.
You will help manage the full life cycle of data on CrossLend’s platform, from advising originators on data onboarding and the transformation of their data into CrossLend’s standardised format to the analysis of the data received, making informed assumptions on the expected portfolio and performance to present to investors via the platform. You will also be responsible for working with investors in structuring more bespoke transactions to fulfill their investment criteria and specified requirements.
As a core part of the ongoing development of Crosslend’s platform, you will also assist in the development and validation of new and existing analytical tools and components, ensuring the underlying logic follows market standard conventions and the result meets a user’s expectation.
What you bring on board
- BBA in finance, mathematics or an engineering major
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in investment banking, private equity or hedge funds
- DCF modeling experience across various asset classes along with bond or loan modeling knowledge
- Experience with securitised products; credit risk modelling is a plus
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the varying characteristics of different asset classes and loan types
- Ability to create complex and bespoke cash flow models from the ground up
- Ability to quickly and efficiently analyse and stratify large data sets; expert in excel functionality with basic proficiency in programming languages such as R and Python
- Experience in data transformation and data cleaning
- Have an understanding of loan valuation techniques and the regulatory requirements and accounting standards applicable to certain investors
- Ability to handle and effectively prioritise multiple requests simultaneously
- Willing to work in an environment with fluid, flexible, and often changing goals and deadlines
- Knowledge or experience with rating agencies is a plus
Why do we need you
- Responsible for the analysis of loan portfolios and specific loan originator products; creation of expected cash flow models based on the analysis
- Make sense of large data sets; have the ability to understand and transform large amounts of information into specified data templates. Use all the information analysed to make informed assumptions on the expected performance for investment opportunities
- Become the analytical expert and point person by understanding each deal opportunity in-depth; support the business development and sales teams in their decision-making process for potential business partnerships with loan originators and institutional investors
- Produce marketing materials for our clients – both loan originators and institutional investors
- Build bespoke cash flow models, implementing various structural features such as specific fee structures and credit enhancements
- Contribute to the development and validation of new and existing analytical tools on our platform
What we offer
- Be part of a growing team making fast decisions, where you can watch your ideas and actions come to fruition. This is what adds up to time well-spent – not mere billable hours
- Diversity: intellectual as well as cultural – join a welcoming international team of smart and open-minded people, where it’s easy to make friends
- A Personal Development Plan, along with access to dedicated resources to ensure that you can be the best in your role
- Work-family-friends balance – step off the treadmill and feel like a human again: our office is all about maintaining a healthy balance between a results-driven work environment and your all-around wellbeing
- An opportunity to be the change you want to see: at CrossLend you can use your skills to not only make a good living, but to enhance the transparency of the financial ecosystem
- Creative ownership – drive the business forward with your ideas, launch projects from the ground up and see them through from inception to completion, giving your input and galvanising your colleagues while you bring out the best in each other