Orbitare Luxembourg SA is seeking an engineer with passion for Space. As part of the Spaceloop development team, you will craft a leading-edge satellite communication network that will transform the way personal satellite communications are used today. As Communication Software Engineer, you will contribute to the development, implementation, and testing of the network layer algorithms of the Spaceloop communication system along with their integration with the system’s lower layers, the satellite platform, and the ground control systems.
This position requires someone familiar will all aspects of wireless systems and algorithm development and their implementation on hardware, who thrives in a dynamic cross-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
Your main tasks will be:
- Working on the development and testing of the network and MAC algorithms, the routing and housekeeping algorithms.
- Integrating with the physical layer, with the satellite platform software, with the ground hardware, and with the user application
- Supporting the CI/CD and SQA management of the software systems. This includes the validation of the algorithms on ground and over the satellite.
- Developing the Spaceloop’s satellite network simulator and supporting the network throughput analysis.
- Supporting the pre-flight and in-orbit commissioning activities in collaboration with our first-class satellite partner.
- Documenting your work and contributing to the higher level documentation
- Participating in the reviews with the European Space Agency.
You will have the following competences:
- Being the highest technical authority regarding the design, development, implementation, and verification of the network layer of the Spaceloop network
- Participating of decisions at mission and system level.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Organizing your own work plan in agreement with the team.
- Delivering work on time and on quality.
- Proactively contributing to the cross-functional engineering process.
You shall have the following professional qualifications
- A Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent field
- High expertise in C++ and Python programming languages.
- Experience with parallel and concurrent programming on C++.
- Experience with Linux development.
- Experience on embedded systems development.
- Experience on CI/CD and software testing is a plus.
- Experience on large scale distributed system development is a plus.
As successful candidate, your personal attitude will be aligned with the following:
- You thrive to integrate on a team of highly skilled, experienced, and efficient teammates
- You are a solution-oriented person who can comfortably manage uncertainty and sees opportunities in the risks
- You know that perfection is the enemy of done
- You want to be part of the future of Orbitare, the company that will transform the way satellite communications are used today
In exchange, Orbitare offer you a permanent employment contract with the most flexible work conditions, extra paid leave and an attractive compensation package which includes access to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).