Passbolt is an innovative cybersecurity product company that is growing quickly. Our organization is remote-first with its headquarters located in Luxembourg (Europe). We are the team behind Passbolt, the leader open source password manager for teams used by 10,000 organizations in 50+ countries. Passbolt has recently been ranked in the top 5 open source startups with the fastest growth by Runa Capital.
We are looking for a seasoned Front-end Developer who will be responsible for developing and maintaining the multiple Passbolt UI components (browser app, CLI, browser extension) and help us in our mission to become the de facto solution for password management for agile / DevOps teams.
You will join a growing and vibrant team committed to leverage the power of open source to challenge the status quo in the cybersecurity industry. Passbolt is and always will be an engineering company. We're looking for versatile self-motivated engineers with a knack for open source software, ethics and privacy, who can think out of the box and find elegant solutions to challenging problems. Working at Passbolt is contributing to building a software that is made by developers for developers. You will solve real life problems with beautiful and functional code which will not only be used but also scrutinized by thousands.
The Front-end developer will be responsible for developing elegant UI / UX solutions to complex and modern security problems such as public / private key cryptography management in the browser.
The Front-end developer will learn our technical stack and intervene on our various products: Passbolt CE, Passbolt CLI, Passbolt Pro and Passbolt Cloud. You and your team will be responsible for shipping the features that are requested by our community of users while maintaining an outstanding level of quality throughout the process. After you gain expertise and product knowledge, you’ll help us think about innovative approaches to complex technical problems, develop ways to make our most demanding community members happy, and cultivate a reputation of excellence throughout a vast community of developers.
Here are some examples of current and upcoming work:
- An advanced dashboard for passbolt administrators, with usage reports and statistics.
- A desktop application.
Development & Testing
- Implement components following a state of the art process:
- Convert wireframes components (Figma or others) into elegant HTML / CSS.
- Transform HTML / CSS into React / styleguide components (StoryBook or others).
- Write unit tests following industry standards (target: 70%).
- Implement styleguide components into Passbolt Applications following continuous testing / deployment processes.
- Focus on user experience, performances, and compatibility throughout a multitude of platforms and environments. Passbolt should remain a versatile software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Maintain existing code. Improve it. Fix bugs.
- Write functional and unit tests in order to perform predictable product build and rapid release cycles.
- Own your code and commit it with your own Github account (Passbolt is an open source project published in AGPL v3).
- Be obsessed with the quality of your code. Passbolt is a software written by developers, for developers.
Architecture, analysis & design
- Participate to the software analysis and design in order to provide detailed functional and technical specifications;
- Suggest long term structural or architecture improvements. Submit business cases supporting the request for changes and discuss them with the technical team.
- Collaborate with / coach your fellow front-end developers and help them achieve their goals while following the coding standards.
- Share back findings, lessons learned and best practices with the team and community by writing blog posts on the company blog and participating in online and offline events.
- Interact with community members, understand their pain points and suggest improvements.
- Contribute to maintaining our extensive online documentation : JSON API, SDK, etc..
- Good HTML / CSS knowledge and an interest in using it right.
- A knack for good UI / UX.
- Strong understanding of web application development security risks and best practices.
- Experience working using design systems and frameworks (example: StoryBook).
- Experience developing web extensions or mobile applications.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written and preferably one other language.
- Comfortable working in full autonomy.
Nice to Have
- Experience with PHP/node.js application development and testing.
- Experience as maintainer or core contributor of an open source project.
- HTML / CSS / CSS preprocessors
- Git, Linux, Docker.
To apply, send your resume and motivations mentioning the job reference in the subject: PB-FRONTEND-LUX