The Technology Transfer Officer will be part of a small multidisciplinary team at the SnT and will report to its Head of TTO. The main tasks of this position will include:
- implementing and further developing the IP management process and specifically IP notification phase,
- overviewing and managing the IP portfolio;
- doing internal IP scouting and supporting researchers in IP notification;
- ensuring F/OSS compliance process is applied where needed in SnT activities;
- running F/OSS compliance checks and providing compliance reports to developers;
- managing F/OSS repositories for SnT projects;
- general IP and F/OSS awareness raising across different players and SnT research groups.
The candidate will tightly collaborate with the colleagues of SnT in charge of IP management, partnerships, project coordination, legal advisory, as well as with other units from the University, particularly the University Partnership, Knowledge and Technology Transfer Office.
- Computer science or similar technical or engineering background,
- Solid experience in managing software projects, F/OSS licensing (both in- and outbound), familiar with current software development standards (including CD/CI techniques), fluent in git and software architectures,
- Have a passion for digital technologies and innovations,
- Easily communicates with scientists and developers, understands objectives of different stakeholders in the tech transfer process,
- Demonstrate solid experience and track record in technology transfer, IP management and more generally in bringing research results to the market and transform them into innovation;
- Business experience in the fields of ICT and digital services in general and particularly in telecom, cybersecurity, data analytics, artificial intelligence, robotics or other areas relevant in the SnT research application areas is considered as an asset,
- Have the ability to quick start and self-manage
- Excellent working proficiency in English, German or French are considered a plus.