The Technology Transfer Officer will be part of a small multidisciplinary team at the SnT and will report to its Head of TTO. The main tasks of this position include:
- implementing and further developing the IP management process and specifically IP valuation, IP marketing and IP licensing phases,
- overviewing and managing the IP portfolio, commercial leads and IP transfer pipeline;
- ensuring commercialization eligibility for relevant IP assets (IP clearance),
- actively seeking new commercialization leads,
- actively responding to all license request and commercial leads,
- managing IP marketing activities (drafting IP marketing descriptions, maintaining IP portfolio portals, preparing commercial leaflets of relevant IP assets),
- ensuring professional level of communication of each commercial lead, IP negotiation, licensing or assignment and post-deal contact;
- raising awareness among researchers of SnT about licensing process and opportunities.
The candidate will tightly collaborate with the colleagues of SnT in charge of IP management, partnerships, project coordination, legal advisory as well as with other units from the University, particularly the University Partnership, Knowledge and Technology Transfer Office.
- Computer science, business development or innovation management background,
- Solid experience in innovation management, promoting and licensing intellectual property assets,
- Proven track record of successfully transferred and commercialized IP,
- Have a passion for digital technologies and innovations,
- Easily communicates with scientists and developers, understands objectives of different stakeholders in the tech transfer process,
- Demonstrate solid experience in bringing research results to the market,
- Business experience in the fields of ICT and digital services in general and particularly in telecom, cybersecurity, data analytics, artificial intelligence, robotics or other areas relevant in the SnT research application areas is considered as an asset,
- Have the ability to quick start and self-manage,
- Have the excellent skills needed in business development,
- Excellent working proficiency in English. German or French are considered a plus.