Passbolt SA is a remote-friendly company located in Luxembourg, with an office in Goa (India). Our mission is to build beautiful solutions to online security and privacy problems. Our flagship software is an open source password manager that allows team members to store and share credentials securely.
You will join a growing and dynamic team committed to provide an exceptional user experience to all passbolt community members. Passbolt is and always will be an engineering company. We're looking for versatile self-motivated engineers who can bring fresh ideas and find elegant solutions to challenging problems.
Purpose of the job
We are looking for a PHP developer to design, extend and maintain passbolt API and the evolution of associated services such as the database. Your primary focus will be the server-side logic, ensuring a high level of security, performance and responsiveness to requests coming from the front-end. To facilitate integration with passbolt clients (browser, command line interface and in the future mobile), an in-depth understanding of front-end technologies is required.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Participate to the software analysis and design in order to provide detailed functional and technical specifications;
- Develop, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Practice sustainable incident response and postmortems.
- Write functional and unit tests in order to perform predictable product build and rapid release cycles.
- Share back findings, lessons learned and best practices with the team and community by writing blog posts and participating in online and offline events.
Skills required / qualifications
- Bachelor of Science or University degree relevant to Software Engineering (e.g. Computer Science, Electronics) and/or comparable work experience/certification.
- 3+ years experience in web application development;
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: API design, developing large high-availability software systems, security software development, automated functional or performance testing, evolutionary database design, authentication system development (OAuth/JWT), web extension development.
- Preferably experience working with one or more of the following: CakePHP, React.
- Experience of working in an international environment with a culturally diverse user community.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written and preferably one other language.